Microdermabrasion is a common dermatological procedure that is used to correct a variety of skin issues. Microdermabrasion works well for all skin types, and makes minor changes to improve the appearance of skin while never resulting or scarring or skin damage.
Let’s take a closer look at this procedure, and some common questions patients ask about the treatment.
Top 5 Questions about Microdermabrasion.
- What exactly does microdermabrasion do? The main purpose of microdermabrasion is to revive the look of a patient’s skin. We use a special combination of crystal and diamond-free microdermabrasion to rejuvenate and hydrate skin. The process begins when the outermost layer of skin is is exfoliated, helping bring new, healthier skin cells to the skin’s surface. It does not require any anesthesia or downtime.
- What skin conditions does this process correct? Microdermabrasion exfoliates and smooths out your skin without any harsh chemicals. It is often used to treat common skin issues such as dry skin, uneven skin tone, sun damage, clogged pores, and fine lines. A series of treatments, performed at 3 to 4 week intervals, is usually best for the treatment treat fine lines, brown spots, & sun damage.
- Is microdermabrasion for me? Ideal candidates for microdermabrasion are healthy adults who have minor skin issues and realistic ideas about what this procedure can do for them. Patients with wrinkles, fine line, age spots, clogged pores, or uneven skin tone are usually good candidates for this procedure.
- Are there any side-effects from undergoing microdermabrasion? Unlike more invasive facial procedures, like chemical peels, microdermabrasion is pain-free, and allows patients to experience a quick and easy recovery period. Some patients, however, may experience temporary mild swelling or redness post-treatment. However, most patients will recover within 24 hours of treatment and can resume their normal activities immediately.
- How long does microdermabrasion treatment last for? Generally speaking, this type of treatment is usually completed within an hour. Patients typically see a visible improvement in the appearance of their skin immediately, although patients can only achieve lasting results with future “touch-up” treatments.
Microdermabrasion in Princeton, NJ
If you’re ready to explore microdermabrasion, contact Dr. Brunner today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Princeton, and you can reach us directly at (609) 921-9497. We look forward to hearing from you!