No one wants to feel self-conscious about the appearance of their legs, especially during the warmer months. Unfortunately, many men and women experience the appearance of unsightly blue spider veins. Spider veins can be caused by a variety of factors, including smoking, sun damage, drinking alcohol, genetics, and obesity.
There are many options for treating the appearance of spider veins, including exercising, taking anti-inflammatory medications, or simply elevating your legs while sitting. For many, though, this is not enough. For more serious cases, laser spider vein removal may be an option.
Let’s answer some common questions about this treatment.
- How does laser spider vein removal work? A hand-held laser is pointed directly at a damaged vein, and the heat produced by the light causes the targeted veins to collapse and seal themselves. Within a few weeks, the vein will vanish completely.
- How long will this procedure take? This simple yet effective procedure can be done in as little as 45 minutes, usually over two to three sessions. However, the length of time for treatment may vary, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Is this treatment painful? Laser Spider Vein Removal is typically considered a painless procedure, which does not require anaesthesia. Laser treatments are also noted for not causing damage to the area surrounding the veins. However, a doctor may sometimes apply a topical numbing cream to the affected area prior to starting treatment. This will ease any discomfort felt during treatment.
- What happens after the procedure is done? Following the procedure, you should be able to resume your normal routine immediately. However, it all depends on the individual patient. For instance, some patients may be advised to avoid sun exposure and exercise for a few days afterwards.
- Am I a good candidate for laser treatment? Healthy men and women are typically considered good candidates for this treatment. However, your doctor will determine, before beginning treatment, whether your medical history makes this right for you.
Laser Spider Vein Removal in Princeton, NJ
If you have any interest in laser spider removal, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our office is located in Princeton, and you can reach us at (609) 921-9497. We look forward to hearing from you.