Even if you do everything right–healthy diet, regular exercise, and a meticulous skin care regimen–there are parts of your body that will betray your age. One area is often your lower face.
Natural aging causes the sharp contours of the jawline and chin to sag from the loosening skin around the mouth, cheeks, and neck, giving you the appearance of being tired or overweight. Whether you’ve noticed a more obscured jawline or a fullness in your neck, these signs of aging need not be a life sentence.
There are many skin-tightening treatments and procedures available to help contour your face and neck, creating that sharp, youthful jawline you desire. Committed to rejuvenating the skin and restoring a youthful appearance, Dr. Eugenie Brunner utilizes injectables, laser treatments, facelift surgery, and progressive technologies to revitalize facial features and enhance the overall facial aesthetic.
At her Princeton, NJ medical spa, she can customize the best treatment plan to help you achieve your desired goals, whether you’re ready to commit to surgery or want to try fillers first.
Why People Choose to Sculpt Their Jawline
Beauty comes in many shapes and forms, but we often associate a youthful, feminine face with the shape of the heart or a “V,” where the head elegantly tapers off into the jawline. This creates a crisp border of the jawline, resulting in a more harmonious balance with other facial features.
A sharp, defined jawline also resonates with health, fitness, and youth. Therefore, a beautifully-contoured jawline at any age will help show off a more vibrant and youthful you.
Options For Sculpting Your Jawline
Thanks to modern cosmetic dermatology and plastic surgery, there are plenty of non-surgical and surgical options available to shape your jawline. With “A surgeon’s hands, an artist’s eye, a woman’s touch,” Dr. Brunner prioritizes aesthetics, anatomy, and individual patient goals to provide exceptional results that enhance the face and lift the spirit.
Her Princeton medical spa offers these jawline-contouring procedures:
Designed to restore volume, minimize lines and wrinkles, and augment facial features, dermal fillers can be used to reshape your jawline. If wrinkles and lines or a loss of facial volume are in the way of you achieving a sculpted jawline, then dermal fillers might be what you’re looking for. With products like Restylane® and JUVÉDERM®, Dr. Brunner can use these injectables to lift, sculpt, and define your facial contours in less than an hour. Why choose dermal fillers?
- They offer a safe, effective, and temporary approach to jawline augmentation
- They are best for those who already have some definition but are “not quite there yet”
- Little to no downtime
- Immediate results
- Natural-looking results
- Results typically last between 6-12 months
Learn more about dermal fillers by visiting pubmed.gov.
If you’re looking to create a subtly slimmer face, neuromodulators might be your best option. Neuromodulators such as Botox® and Dysport® can be injected directly into the masseter muscle, which is the muscle around the jawline. When the muscle relaxes, it may slim your overall facial shape and help achieve a more “V” like contour. Why choose Botox or Dysport?
- Quick and easy 15-min procedure
- Little to no downtime
- You may see results within a few days to a week, with full results visible after about two weeks
- Natural-looking results
- Results may last between 2-6 months
You might be wanting something that will last longer than an injection. If so, Fractora RF could be the right treatment. This device delivers radiofrequency energy below the skin’s surface via microneedling. The tiny needles create microinjuries in the dermis while generating heat. This triggers the body’s natural healing mechanism and as a result, collagen production is stimulated. As this increases the rate of cell turnover, skin becomes smoother, tighter, firmer, and more youthful-looking. Why choose Fractora RF?
- It provides significant improvement for those with mild to moderate skin laxity in the jawline and neck
- It provides comprehensive lifting and tightening
- It may reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the face and neck
- Minimal downtime
- Immediate results, with full results seen after two weeks
- Improvements can continue up to 6 months after treatment as collagen continues to rejuvenate the skin, and the duration of those results may depend on the depth of the treatment and the overall condition of the skin
If the previous options are too subtle or if you’ve decided you want long-lasting change, EmbraceRF could be your “facelift alternative,” as it’s often called. EmbraceRF can address facial fat and skin laxity, creating a smoother, more lifted, and contoured face by combining two technologies: radiofrequency-assisted FaceTite and Morpheus8. During the treatment, a thin cannula is inserted under the skin using a tiny incision (smaller than 2-3 mm). The cannula produces radiofrequency energy that liquefies fat and tightens skin. RF is also delivered through microneedling. This process stimulates collagen production and in effect, produces healthier, younger-looking skin. EmbraceRF is designed to achieve many of the same effects as a surgical facelift without the need for large incisions and a long recovery time. Although it cannot duplicate the benefits of a facelift, it can effectively remodel the face, neck, and jawline areas, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and minimize skin laxity, while maintaining the benefits of a minimally-invasive procedure. Why choose EmbraceRF?
- It is ideal for those who want to see significant rejuvenation but are not yet ready for a surgical facelift
- Minimal downtime
- Immediate results with the best results noticeable after 6 weeks, continuing up to 12 months
- Natural-looking results
- Results typically last up to 5 years
When excess fat is standing in the way of your sculpted jawline, smartlipo could be your best choice for long-lasting results. Smartlipo laser-assisted face and neck contouring produces a firmer, slimmer neck and well-defined jawline. It emits laser beams into the layer of fat in the targeted area through a small cannula. The heat from the laser liquefies and dissolves fat, making it easier to remove from your body. Smartlipo is considered by many as one of the safest, most effective in-office procedures for removing stubborn fat from a double chin, the precise contouring of the neck and jawline, and tightening neck skin. Why choose Smartlipo?
- If you have fat that is just under the skin and not underneath the neck muscles, Smartlipo may be the best option for removing fat and defining your jawline
- It provides more efficient and effective fat removal with shorter recovery time and significantly more skin tightening results than traditional liposuction
- It provides an ideal alternative to regular liposuction
- Most patients are permitted to resume normal activities within days and exercise after a week or so
- Minimal side effects (swelling or bruising)
- Results will last years or a lifetime since the fat is physically removed
You might feel ready for a surgical option to sculpt your jawline, but the long downtime or prospect of scarring can still be intimidating. A cosmetic surgical procedure, a Mini Facelift can lift and tighten sagging on the mid-facial area, creating a smoother and more youthful appearance, but with shorter downtime and fewer incisions than a traditional facelift. By focusing on the lower half of the face, the procedure can help correct sagging skin around the neck and jawline. The incision made for a Mini Facelift is approximately one-half of the length of a traditional facelift incision and eliminates most of the incisions behind the ear. Skin tissues are pulled upward through the cheeks, helping to correct sagging skin and provide better definition along the jawline. Furthermore, postoperative bruising and swelling are minimized because the muscle layer is tightened, not dissected. While a Mini Facelift may accomplish many of the goals of a traditional full facelift, severe drooping of the neck and jowl skin will benefit more from a full facelift. Why choose a Mini Facelift?
- It is ideal for professionals and those with tight schedules due to its shorter recovery time
- It is beneficial for patients in their 40s and 50s who are experiencing mild skin inelasticity along the jawline and neck
- It is also effective as a follow-up for patients who previously had full facelifts but desire additional rejuvenation of the face and/or neck area
- It provides long-term results
This is the most effective, but also the most invasive jaw-contouring procedure. If you’re ready for a complete transformation, then you might be ready for a Facelift. A Facelift involves a camouflaged incision along your hairline and behind your ears and a tightening of tissues and your facial muscles. This procedure is often combined with a Neck Lift to create further definition in the jawline and neck. Why choose a Facelift?
- It provides dramatic results
- Results are long-lasting
- Ideal for those in their 40s or above who have serious signs of aging in the face and neck
Schedule A Jawline Contouring Consultation Today
Do you want to finally achieve the jawline and face shape of your dreams? To learn more, contact Dr. Brunner’s Princeton, NJ office or call (609) 921-9497 to request a consultation.