Patients seeking younger, healthier skin have a range of treatment options that can reverse time by targeting sagging skin, wrinkles, jowling, and skin texture. Patients can achieve their unique aesthetic goals with personalized surgical and non-surgical treatment plans.
Eugenie Brunner, MD, FACS, provides patients with comprehensive procedures that turn back the clock with natural results. She is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon located in Princeton, New Jersey.
Dr. Brunner is committed to rejuvenating the skin, addressing specific aging symptoms, and helping patients feel comfortable and confident in their appearance. Dr. Brunner performs a variety of facelift techniques in her state-of-the-art plastic surgery center.
What is a Facelift?
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical cosmetic procedure that eliminates sagging or loose skin and wrinkles. It tightens the skin, repositions fat and tissue that has migrated downward, and creates a more youthful facial contour.
A surgical facelift offers the most effective results with natural-looking results for patients that want to drastically reduce signs of aging.
Dr. Brunner’s extensive experience and skills can allow patients to look 10 to 15 years younger with properly executed procedures. Choosing a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon is imperative when operating on extensive areas and prominent features.
Middle-aged patients beginning to see signs of aging can also opt for a mini facelift, an effective procedure that is less extensive than a complete facelift and addresses mild to moderate skin laxity and facial creases.
Benefits of Facelift Surgery
There are many benefits to a surgical facelift, including:
- Reduces signs of aging for a younger appearance
- Tightens facial muscles for better contouring and definition
- Lifts loose or sagging skin on the mid and lower face
- Eliminates wrinkles, folds, and lines
- Provides long-lasting results
- Treats multiple conditions in one surgery
Drawbacks of a Surgical Facelift
While surgical facelifts effectively remove signs of aging, it is a significant procedure that requires serious consideration before moving forward. Some drawbacks to surgical facelifts include:
- Longer recovery time
- Aftercare requirements for successful healing and results
- More costly than other non-surgical treatments
- Typical risks associated with surgery such as infection, bruising, and fever
What is a Non-Surgical Facelift?
A non-surgical facelift combines minimally-invasive procedures that target unique needs depending on a patient’s skin quality, signs of aging, and goals. It is a less significant procedure than a surgical facelift but still provides quality results with minimal downtime.
A non-surgical facelift can combine different treatments such as:
- Evoke: This facial remodeling tool uses radiofrequency energy to tighten skin and reposition fat.
- Embrace RF/FaceTite: This combination treatment blends FaceTite and Morpheus 8 for maximum skin tightening and fat remodeling.
- SmartLipo- PrecisionTx: This treatment removes submental fat from under the chin while tightening skin for a smoother and more defined jawline.
- Fraxel Re:pair: This laser treats wrinkles and uneven skin tone and texture.
- Fractora/Morpheus 8: This procedure combines radiofrequency energy with microneedling to target loose skin around the jawline and upper neck.
- Tri-Zone Laser Lift: Dr. Brunner’s proprietary treatment combines three powerful tools; SmartLipo/FaceTite, dermal fillers, and a non-invasive skin resurfacing laser (Clear + Brilliant and/or PicoSure).
Dr. Brunner also offers Nova Thread thread lifts as a facelift alternative. This non-surgical procedure uses absorbable threads to lift the skin and stimulate collagen production. Nova threads do not require any cuts or incision; it is an injection that inserts the thread into the subdermal layer of skin to:
- Promote collagen production
Visit plasticsurgery.org to learn more about non-surgical facelift.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Facelift
There are many benefits to a non-surgical facelift, including:
- Minimal pain and discomfort
- Minimal downtime and aftercare requirements
- No anesthesia needed
- Quick and minimally invasive procedures
- Fewer risks
- Skin rejuvenation
- Healthier, plumper, and younger-looking skin
- Cost-effective alternative to surgical procedures
Drawbacks of a Non-Surgical Facelift
Non-surgical facelifts are a safe and effective alternative to surgical procedures but still come with drawbacks such as:
- Results are not as long-lasting as surgical procedures
- Follow-up treatments are needed to maintain the desired appearance
- Continuous follow-up treatments can become costly
Which Facelift Option is Right For Me?
Patient’s can find success with surgical and non-surgical treatments. So, which one is right for you? You may be a candidate for a surgical facelift if you:
- Have tried non-surgical treatments with no success
- Experience moderate to severe signs of aging (deep folds, volume loss, sagging skin, jowling)
- Are healthy enough for surgery
- Can allow 10-14 days for recovery time
- Want long-term results without multiple procedures
You may be a candidate for a non-surgical facelift if you:
- Have never tried any anti-aging treatments
- Experience mild to moderate signs of aging
- Do not wish to dedicate significant time to recovery
- Have sufficient volume but want to target fine lines and wrinkles
- Can commit to regular maintenance
Schedule a Consultation With Princeton’s Top Facial Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Brunner works closely with patients to identify which facelift options can help achieve their desired goals. Dr. Brunner and her team of medical experts strive to optimize the natural beauty in each patient, so they feel confident in their appearance. Everyone will notice, but no one will know.
Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about surgical and non-surgical facelifts.