Spider Vein Removal
What Are Spider Veins?
Spider veins, referred to as telangiectasias in medical terms, are commonly found on the thighs, calves, ankles, and feet. They are small blood vessels that are located near the surface of the skin and often appear spidery or tree-like. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetic predisposition, long periods of standing or sitting, dramatic changes in weight, and hormonal fluctuations, such as those that occur during pregnancy. If you’re bothered by spider veins, Dr. Eugenie Brunner, our board-certified facial plastic surgeon located in Princeton, NJ, can help diminish the appearance of these concerns and help you achieve the look and confidence you’re hoping for.
Are Spider Veins Dangerous?
Though considered by many to be unsightly, spider veins typically do not cause pain or present a health risk. Spider veins are different from varicose veins, which are much larger and sometimes appear as red, blue, or flesh-colored raised cords under the skin. Varicose veins can cause discomfort and may present as a health risk. While spider veins are not dangerous, many patients seek aesthetic correction for this common condition. Fortunately, Dr. Brunner offers a non-surgical laser treatment to help diminish the appearance of spider veins and improve the tone and texture of the skin.
How Can You Remove Spider Veins?
Using the state-of-the-art Sciton PROFILE™ Nd: YAG laser, Dr. Brunner can carefully ablate the spider veins in the targeted area, typically without excessive patient discomfort. The minimally-invasive procedure lasts approximately 45 minutes, though individual experiences will vary based on skin type, the number of areas to be treated, and other factors determined by our doctor. The laser emits controlled pulses of light, causing the targeted veins to heat and collapse. The body then gradually reabsorbs the now-closed veins. We take great care to make you as comfortable as possible, and we welcome any questions you may have about the process before, during, or after treatment. To learn more about Sciton PROFILE™ Nd: YAG laser, visit PubMed.gov.
What Is Recovery From Spider Vein Treatment Like?
How Much Does Spider Vein Treatment Cost?
Can Spider Veins Return After Treatment?
Every patient is unique, and some individuals may develop spider veins in the same area or another area after treatment is provided. The vein that is treated will not re-open; what happens is new ones become visible. It is not always possible to prevent spider veins in all cases, but certain habits can help minimize their development, including:
- Wearing sunscreen
- Exercising regularly
- Maintaining a stable weight
- Limiting leg crossing while sitting
- Elevating the legs when resting as much as possible
- Taking breaks from sitting or standing
- Avoiding tight clothing that constricts the waist, groin, or legs
- Eating a diet low in salt and high in fiber-rich foods
For more information about spider vein removal or if you wish to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brunner, please contact our office located in Princeton, NJ today.
Next, Read About…
Dermal fillers and cosmetic injectables offer a way to soften the appearance of a wide range of concerns with typically quick results and minimal downtime.
The Fraxel Re:pair laser is a non-surgical enhancement that is the premier fractional ablative CO2 laser designed for treatment of wrinkles, sun damaged skin, texture irregularities, acne scarring, brown spots due to sun exposure and aging, and generalized redness.
Rhinoplasty (a type of nasal surgery), also referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job,” improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence.
Lasers & Devices
Facial Plastic Surgeries
Regional & National Awards
We Look Forward to Meeting You!
Double Board Certified: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery & Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Castle Connolly Top Doctor for 10 years (2009-2019) in Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
Fellow, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Most Comprehensive Skin Rejuvenation Laser Center in Central New Jersey
Thousands of Cosmetic Facial Plastic Procedures Performed
Patients' Choice Award for Favorite Physician
2010, 2011, 2016-2020
Town Topics Readers' Choice Awards
COVID-19 Update & Curbside Skincare Pickup
To our lovely patients and friends,
We are beyond thrilled to announce that beginning today, our office is open and ready to see patients for all appointment needs, including cosmetic!
The wait is over and we are happy that we will be able to see you all again! To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: Patients will be asked to arrive when it is time for their appointment to avoid waiting.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: Any of our staff who can work virtually will be working outside of the office, and all staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask! Dr. Brunner will even be wearing a protective shield to ensure your safety!
We will continue to offer Virtual Appointments for all of our patients. Additionally, we will continue curbside pickup at our office for all your skincare needs! Patients should call 609.921.9497 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com regarding the products they are interested in, and Kim or Melisssa will coordinate a curbside pickup for you!
We ask everyone’s full cooperation as we prepare to open under very special circumstances.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our office and promise to take every necessary precaution to care for you in a safe environment.
Dr. Brunner and the Entire Team!